Winter Home Maintenance Tips!
- Window coverings are an important part of your home’s heating and cooling system. On sunny cold days, opening window coverings (drapes, blinds, or shutters) may aid in heating your home.
- Inspect drains, inlets, and catch basins for blockages.
Gutters and Downspouts:
- Check and clear gutters of all debris every six months and after thunderstorms.
- Check HVAC System and thermostat batteries. We recommend an inspection by a heating professional each season.
Front and Garage Doors and Openers:
- Inspect the weather stripping on the front door to maintain a tight air seal.
- Reset clock for daylight savings time and after any power failures. Keeping a good battery in the clock should minimize the need for resetting.
- Inspect the interior ceiling and attic for roof leaks. Inspect the general appearance for debris, drainage and general condition. An inspection by a roofing professional is recommended.
- Turf Areas- Winter: .75 – 1.0 inches per week
- Shrub Areas- Winter: .50 – .75 inches per week