Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1.5 oz smoked salmon (lox), chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Fresh dill weed
- In 3-quart saucepan, place eggs in single layer; add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Cover; heat to boiling. Remove from heat; let stand covered 15 minutes. Immediately cool eggs about 10 minutes in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Tap egg to crack shell; roll egg between hands to loosen shell, then peel. Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out yolk into medium bowl; reserve egg white halves. Mash yolks with fork. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, dill weed and pepper until well blended. Stir in salmon.
- Spoon yolk mixture in 1-quart resalable freezer plastic bag or pastry bag fitted with tip; seal bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of plastic bag. Squeeze bag to pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before serving. Just before serving top with capers and dill weed.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker