Happy Valentine’s Day from our family to yours!
We’d like to celebrate this SWEET day with a SWEET treat! We brought in local Dietitian Nutritionist, Tawnie Kroll from Kroll’s Korner, to our De Young Armstrong Welcome Center located on Armstrong, South of Gettysburg in Clovis, to bake this special treat with us in our Model Home.
We hope you’ll enjoy whipping up this delicious & simple recipe at home with your family.
Learn how to make this fun recipe by watching this quick video:
Red Hot Red Velvet Brownie Ingredients
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 one ounce bottle red liquid food coloring
Red Hot Red Velvet Brownie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Place foil into a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Coat foil with cooking spray and then set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt and then set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar until combined. Stir in eggs and the bottle of food coloring. Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting. When cool, use foil to lift the brownies from the pan. Carefully remove the slab of brownies from the foil onto a serving platter. Frost generously and chill until icing is set, then feel free to cut into squares, hearts, or whichever shape suits your family! Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 – 4 tablespoons milk (if necessary)
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese thoroughly. Pour in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until mixed. If necessary, beat in milk to make icing a spreadable consistency.
Learn more about Tawnie Kroll, from Kroll’s Korner:
Kroll’s Korner is a blog dedicated to sharing healthy, nutritional, and simple recipes. As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Tawnie’s focus is sharing nutrient rich and easy-to-make-meals with you. Visit Kroll’s Korner to learn more today.
De Young Properties is a company founded on three generations of building industry-leading and energy-efficient new homes in Fresno and Clovis CA. We hope you will enjoy this opportunity to learn more about us and our single-family home communities.
Recipe adapted from MidwestLiving.com.