The theme for Earth Day is “Invest In Our Planet” because a green future is a better future. At De Young Properties, we believe everyday should be Earth Day so we are committed to investing in our planet. Earth Day is an important celebration for us, as we feel responsible for promoting green living in our homes and communities, especially in today's climate. We have a long history of commitment to building sustainable homes, because we believe that living sustainably should also mean living comfortably. De Young Properties delivers quality in every detail. Every home we build incorporates forward-thinking construction science and technologies to ensure superior strength, efficiency and sustainability. The key components included in our De Young SmartHome™ are De Young EnergySmart™, De Young ControlSmart™, Thrive Smart and Green Smart. All reflect the leading edge in energy efficiency, home technologies, quality of life and sustainability.
Our De Young communities De Young Verano
at Tesoro Viejo, Fairmont Crossing
and Summerlin Walk
include Green Smart and De Young EnergySmart™ features that can help you and your family to do your part to invest in our planet including:
• Energy Star® Rated Water Heater
• Energy Star® Certified Windows
• Energy Star® Certified Dishwasher
• Advanced framed 2x6 walls with increased high performance insulation
• Programmable HVAC Thermostat
• Kohler WaterSense Certified Plumbing Fixtures
• Drip irrigation to save up to 75% in water consumption for flowerbed irrigation versus typical sprinklers
• 100% LED Lighting
• Up to 90% of construction waste is recycled
• Sustainably sourced, recycled materials and durable products engineered to lower waste
• And much more to decrease demand on the power grid and reduce the impact on the environment
Our earth-friendly homes have received recognition for multiple Green awards over the years and include:
• 2019 Grand Award Honors for “Best Innovative Energy Design” for De Young EnVision – Gold Nugget Awards
• 2018 Community of the Year for RidgeView by De Young – Green Home Builder Magazine (Nov/Dec Issue)
• 2013 Award of Merit for “Zero Net Energy Home Design” – Gold Nugget Awards
• 2012 and 2011 Grand Award Honors for “Best California Advantage Home – NetZero Energy Home Design” – Gold Nugget Awards
• 2011 Grand Award Honors for “Best GreenPoint Rated Community” – Gold Nugget Awards
Invest in our planet today! Here are some of the ways you can help make an environmental impact this year for Earth Day.Live Green Every Day!
•Set a Schedule for your Thermostat
🌡: Each De Young home is equipped with a programmable thermostat for increased comfort and savings. Setting a schedule for your programmable thermostat can help you save money by adjusting the amount of heating or cooling from your HVAC system based on your family’s schedules.
• Everyday lighting
💡: With the use of energy-efficient LED light bulbs, you can light up your house with the same amount of light while saving money. These bulbs only cost a few more dollars and last longer, so you get better bang for your buck. New bulbs are an easy way to go green, while saving money at the same time. In fact, each De Young home includes high efficacy and high quality 100% LED lighting for energy savings.
• Conserve water
🌊: Want to save money and help the environment? Water conservation is easier than most people think. Small, everyday things like taking shorter showers, washing clothes in cold water, using the fastest spin cycle, and turning the water off while you brush your teeth all contribute to water conservation. Every De Young home includes an Energy Star® certified dishwasher, Kohler WaterSense certified plumbing fixtures and drip irrigation for increased water-efficiency.
• Eliminate Useless Energy Waste
♻: Even those most dedicated to green living at home waste energy via household items that are not in use. Tour the home and look for leaky faucets that need to be fixed, electronics and chargers that can be unplugged, and computers that need to be completely shut off. All of these adjustments will improve one’s green-living lifestyle.
• Plant an Herb Garden
🌿: Herbs are easy to grow, which makes them perfect for gardening beginners! Herbs are also a great way to get kids involved in going green.
De Young Properties believes that energy efficiency and sustainability is more important now than ever. Living greener takes practice, but even small adjustments can make a big difference on a global scale!
If you are searching for a new home, we are here to help! To schedule an appointment, click here