2015 St Jude Dream Home
De Young Properties Thanks Community For Once Again Raising Over $1 Million For St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital!
With overwhelming support by the community who dug deep and donated, the 2015 Central Valley St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway raised $1,083,800 to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Built by major donor De Young Properties, the home was given away to Jesse Ramirez who were selected as the lucky winners of the new 2,924 sq. ft. Multi-Generational home in the De Young Park View community during the November 8th live television broadcast on KMPH FOX 26.
De Young Properties is honored to have built and donated nine St. Jude Dream Homes, helping to raise $8,692,145 to help the kids of St. Jude fight cancer and other life-threatening diseases. One hundred percent of the proceeds were donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which works around the clock to develop cures to save the lives of children, including kids in the San Joaquin Valley.
De Young Properties combines their contribution and efforts with the generous help of our trade partners who donate their time, labor and resources to build this De Young SmartHome with the goal of raising money for St Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Special thanks to every trade partner who joined De Young to donate and support this important cause!
De Young Properties is deeply rooted in the San Joaquin Valley and gives their time and resources to the community whenever possible. Our De Young team believes in our responsibility to help others and we feel honored to be able to help such an important cause. I am inspired each year when our community comes together to show their support for St. Jude and we are appreciative of everyone who contributed their hard-earned dollars to purchase a ticket.
This year, there was a tremendous amount of interest in the St. Jude Dream Home because it was a Multi-Gen home – a design that provides a second, separate living space, complete with a bath, bedroom, kitchenette, living room and private entry. This concept is perfect for families that have more than two generations living in one home, have a parent/adult child returning to live at home, or need additional room for out-of-town guests. This flexible space can be personalized to fit the homeowner’s lifestyle. The home will offer four bedrooms, four bathrooms, two covered balconies and a formal dining room.
In addition, the home boasted a long list of special features including a beautiful Tuscan elevation with stone accents, natural quartz counters, stainless steel General Electric appliances with gas cook top, two refrigerators and an Energy Star-rated dishwasher. In addition, the home offers eco-friendly and luxurious Brizo premium faucets, an Energy Star-rated Rinnai tankless water heater, premium-grade hardwood and tile floors by Shaw Flooring, spacious 10’ ceilings, professional front and back yard landscaping and Energy Star approved Eagle Brand Cool Roof Tile.
As with all De Young EnergySmart homes, the 2015 St. Jude Dream Home is designed to maximize energy savings while offering quality craftsmanship and true comfort. This energy-efficient home will come with a host of earth-friendly features and apply green building practices that create a healthy environment in which we live. These building practices include high energy efficiency standards, improved indoor air quality, water conservation and utilizing sustainable building practices. In addition, De Young EnergySmart™ homes have independent inspections for third-party review.
Prize Winners of 2014 St. Jude Dream Home
Grand Prize Winner:
Jesse Ramirez of Sanger
- Open House Prize: $10,000 shopping spree to Mor Furniture for Less – Norman Mar of Fresno
- First Week Prize: Cruise for 2 to Mexico, courtesy of Fresno County Federal Credit Union – Hugo Ojeda of Fresno
- Early Bird Prize: Smart Home Makeover Package, courtesy Hi-Tech Home – Stephanie Roberts of Fresno
- Bonus Prize: Electrolux washer and dryer, courtesy of Javier’s Home Appliance – Irene Archuelta of Fresno
- Samsung LED HD TV, courtesy of LinkUs – Renee Perkins of Fresno
- Aveda Beauty Care Products & Gift Certificate to Amenities Aveda Day Spa & Salon – Marcy Martinez of Lemoore
- Huntervention Weekend Makeover, courtesy of Hunter Fan Company – Karrie Montoya of Fresno
- Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 Designer Handbag, courtesy of Fresno Coin Gallery – Abraham Ohama of Fresno
- Luxury Suite at 2015 Fresno Grizzlies Game- Edward Velasquez of Visalia
- $1,000 Visa Gift Card, courtesy of White and Bright Dental – Maria Millian of Fresno
- Artesso Smart Touch Kitchen Faucet and accessory package, courtesy of Brizo – Mollie Ortega of Fresno
- Complete Teflon car detail package, courtesy of Great American Car Wash- Mark Scozzari of Clovis
- $2,000 Visa Gift Card, courtesy of White and Bright Family Dental – Gilbert Arroya of Fresno