Live Green: Check Out All The Ways To Celebrate Earth Day This Year!
At De Young Properties, we love to live green whenever we can. To prove this, we have made a commitment to build homes that are environmentally friendly and sustainable. We feel that as a builder, it is our responsibility to create homes and communities that promote green living, which is why we are building tomorrow’s home, today!
De Young RidgeView, The Highlands by De Young and EnVision are communities of Zero Energy homes, designed with the potential to produce as much clean energy as they consume in a year.* And did you know that RidgeView is the largest community of its kind in the state of California and it is located right here in Clovis!
Learn how you can live in a brand NEW De Young Zero Energy Home!
Basically, we celebrate Mother Earth all year long by building durable, energy-efficient homes that are healthier to live in and have a reduced impact on the environment. Looking to celebrate Earth year-round? Consider a few easy tips to live green.
How can YOU live green?
- Everyday lighting: With the use of energy-efficient light bulbs such as LED lights which are small, solid light bulbs that are powerful. These bulbs only cost a few more dollars and last longer, so you get better bang for your buck. New bulbs are an easy way to go green, while saving money at the same time.
- Chill Out: Adjusting the home’s water heater to between 120 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit reduces the energy and financial expense. It is also more eco-friendly to opt for cold water rather than hot when washing clothing.
- Eliminate Useless Energy Waste: Even those most dedicated to green living at home waste energy via household items that are not in use. Tour the home and look for leaky faucets that need to be fixed, electronics and chargers that can be unplugged, and computers that need to be completely shut off. All of these adjustments will improve one’s green-living lifestyle.
Earth Day is April 22 this year, here are ideas of how you can celebrate!
Local Earth Day Celebrations
- Party for the Planet – Friday, April 19, 9am-1pm: This is an educational event celebrating Earth Day at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo. Party for the Planet will feature organizations around the Valley that are making a difference for our world. Learn about recycling, endangered species and more while celebrating the very planet we call home. Vendors will have a variety of demonstrations and activities to educate guests on a variety of conservation issues and topics. Included with regular Zoo admission, FREE for Fresno Chafee Zoo Members!
- Earth Day Tour – Saturday, April 20, 10am-12pm: Take a free tour of the three-acre water-wise demonstration garden at the Clovis Botanical Garden which is composed of beautiful plants and landscapes. You’ll have the chance to learn more about sustainable gardening methods that are appropriate for the hot summers and cool winter of California’s Central Valley.
- Earth Day Fresno 2019 – Saturday, April 20, 10am-4pm: Celebrate the Central Valley’s largest Earth Day celebration! This year’s theme will be Protect Our Species! The fun-filled day at Radio Park will include lots of kids activities, educational exhibits, delicious food, live music, Big Cat Haven, Birds of Prey, Fresno Discovery Center, free test drives for Electric Cars, free bike valet, a bookmobile, sciencemobile and more!
Make this the year of positive changes. No matter who you are, you can make a difference in the environment when you make small adjustments in your everyday life. Living a greener lifestyle doesn’t have to be difficult. It can be as easy as shutting off a light when you are no longer going to be in a room. Plus, living green will save you money! Looking for a new home? Consider a De Young Properties Zero Energy home and live in tomorrow’s home, today. For more information about De Young’s commitment to the environment, visit a De Young Welcome Center today!