Summer Lovin’ Grilled Corn
- 1 bulb garlic, very top cut off to expose cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ears of sweet corn, we recommend Fresno State Sweet Corn; husks pulled back or removed
- 3 tablespoons plus 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat grill on high
- Drizzle the garlic bulb with oil and wrap in aluminum foil
- Brush 3 tablespoons of butter all over corn ears
- Add the garlic to the grill 20-25 minutes before the corn
- Add the cobs to the grill and grill until each side gets a nice char, turning often and checking so they don’t burn
- Remove both the corn and the garlic
- Cover the corn with foil to keep warm while you prepare the butter
- Open the foil to allow the garlic to cool so you can handle it.
- In a bowl, add the remaining 4 tablespoons softened butter, the cooled garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Mash and mix well.
- To a shallow bowl add the Parmesan cheese and basil, mix well.
- Spread the butter all over the corn cobs, then sprinkle on the Parmesan and basil.
Adapted recipe and photo from Culinary Ginger