Sometimes relocating is a must. The family is growing, jobs change; there are a handful of potential reasons. Here at De Young Properties, we want to make relocating as easy and smooth as possible. Below are some tips on how you can make your relocation experience a good one for you and your family.
1. Create Space
- It is crucial to maximize as much space as possible while moving to a different location. Moving isn’t cheap and you don’t want to have multiple trucks traveling across the city, state or country with things that you will soon realize you don’t need. That means to de-clutter and ditch the junk before you hit the road. Try having a garage sale so you can make a little extra cash before the big move!
2. Prepare the house before you get there
- The worst thing about moving is arriving at your new house and realizing how much you want to change. If you want to paint the walls, be sure to do it while the house is still empty rather than having to move furniture and paintings once you are already settled in.
3. Do your research
- Before you jump into hiring the first moving company you see on Google, research multiple for different estimates and quotes before you make a final decision. You may even want to look into renting your own moving truck to drive yourself!
4. Label everything
- Unloading is a lot easier if everything is clearly labeled and organized, this will help you avoid tearing apart every box looking for where you packed your grandmother’s china.
5. Track down the important papers first
- Passports and birth certificates are among the few things you absolutely don’t want to lose track of during a move. Create folders for all important documents and make sure they are the first box to be tracked down once you arrive at your new location. Some people even prefer traveling with them to ensure they don’t get lost.
6. You might have to purchase new décor
- You may have the same furniture and décor in your new house, but it is a different living space and you will most likely want to change things up a bit.
7. Don’t forget to breathe!
- Packing up all of your belongings and moving to a different city can be overwhelming and stressful at times, so it’s important to stay calm. Whether it’s your toddler, teenager, or even your spouse someone will most likely have a meltdown but it’s important to remember it’s a part of the process!
We hope that these tips were helpful and make your relocation experience easier. As you adjust to living in the beautiful Central Valley, here’s a list of things to do in Fresno and Clovis. At De Young Properties, we wish you the very best in your transition and hope you have found your Dream Home.
If you are relocating to the Fresno or Clovis, CA area, we are here to help you in your journey into your new De Young home! Contact a Welcome Center today!
Author: Ashley De Young