Enjoy This Treat From De Young!
- 1/2 box Spice Cake Mix (about 7.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Extra oil or butter for greasing pan or griddle
- Pancake Toppings: syrup, chopped walnuts, pecans, butter, whipped cream
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the cake mix, canned pumpkin, vegetable oil, milk and egg until there are no longer any lumps.
- Add oil or butter to your pan or griddle to keep your pancakes from sticking
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to drop the batter onto your pan (this makes small pancakes, so if you prefer larger ones use a larger measuring cup!)
- Cook until the edges begin to brown a little and bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake, then flip the pancakes and cook on the other side, until the pancakes have cooked through.
- Add syrup, chopped walnuts, pecans, butter, whipped cream or anything else on top and enjoy!
Note: If the batter doesn’t seem thick enough or doesn’t have the pancake consistency that you like, just add a couple of tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Likewise, if the batter appears too thick, then add a bit more milk.
Makes about 10 pancakes
Want a chance to win a $50 American Express Gift Card?!
Enter De Young’s Halloween Costume Contest by posting a photo
of your child in their costume to Facebook or Instagram using #OnlyDeYoung.
The winner will be announced on De Young Properties
Facebook page on November 3rd. Good luck!