Patriotic Popcorn Recipe
2 bags of microwave popcorn
1/2 Cup light corn syrup
1 1/3 Cup sugar
2 sticks of butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
Red, white and blue M&M’s
- Pop the popcorn as directed on the popcorn bag in pour into a very large bowl. If you need to, split, between 2 bowls.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla in a saucepan and heat until they boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 90 seconds and then remove from the heat.
- Moving quickly, pour the hot mixture over your popcorn and with a wooden spoon, stir to coat all of the popcorn.
- Once all popcorn is coated, stir marshmallows into the popcorn mixture.
- Wait two minutes and then add M&M’s (you don’t want them to melt in the hot popcorn)