Electrical Solutions In Your New Home – A De Young Troubleshooting Tutorial
The first priority of De Young Properties is our commitment to our homeowners. We take homebuilding very seriously by supporting our customers and standing behind our homes before, during and after the sale to ensure homeowner satisfaction!
If you’re having loss of power in your De Young SmartHome, we’d like to help solve the issue! In this video, we’d like to show you the steps to take to determine the cause of loss of power in your De Young SmartHome.
- GFI outlets are generally located in wet areas such as your bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room, and garage. They are the outlets that have the test and reset button located in the center of the face plate with a small green light in the bottom right corner.
- To indicate if a GFI has tripped and needs to be reset, the green light in the bottom corner will not be shining.
It is not uncommon that a GFI can control outlets in a room that is not close by, this is why you should check all GFI outlets in your home before moving to step 2.
Step 2 – If none of your GFI outlets are tripped or you can’t reset a GFI the next step is to go into your garage and open your electrical sub panel.
- Breakers are labeled per location on the right hand side of the door. You can navigate which location of your home is not receiving power and locate which breaker controls that portion.
- It is not uncommon for a breaker to not be tripped all the way to the opposite side. If you are able to wiggle a breaker, it is tripped.
- To reset the breaker, switch it all the way to the off position, wait a few seconds, then switch back to the on position.
If this does not reset the power to your home there is one final step prior to us sending a work order.
Step 3 – Please go out to the Main electrical panel located on the exterior of your home. This electrical panel is designated for larger components of your home, it too is labeled accordingly. Depending on what may have lost power, you will need to reset breakers.
Please keep in mind that if you do follow all of the previous steps and it does not solve the electrical request you have submitted, then we will be sending a work order to the electrician to schedule an appointment with you. We’d like to kindly remind you, if this appointment is scheduled and a technician arrives to address the problem, and finds that the homeowner is not home, or finds that the problem was resolved by using the steps previously provided above, then our Trade Partner will be sending you a trip charge invoice.
Following the steps we have provided is very important and we hope it has helped in resolving the issue you were experiencing!
Submitting a request online is easy! To submit a request directly to our De Young Customer Experience Department, visit DeYoungProperties.com, then select the Customer Care tab and find the Homeowner Services section where you’ll click the “Submit A Request” Button.