Admittedly, we are a little bit biased, but we just love seeing customers find and move into new homes that they love. For over 47 years, De Young Properties has been building homes for families in the Central Valley and we love to share in the excitement of purchasing a new De Young home. From the very start of construction, to our customers receiving their shiny new keys for the first time, we love the whole process. This is what we do!
If you are in the market for a home or have been considering purchasing a new De Young home, there are many reasons why now is a good time to make your move, but here are just a few of our favorites.
1. Rent prices are likely to continue to rise.
Over the last year alone, rent prices have risen both locally in the Central Valley and nationally. In 2021, data from Apartment List
shows that in Fresno rent increased 23.1%.
2. Mortgage rates are low compared to historical averages.
The average rate for 2022 is still below the average historical 30-year mortgage rate of 7.77%.
Chart represents weekly averages for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage. Source: Freddie Mac
3. When you buy a new De Young Properties home, you can lock in your purchase price.
No “bidding wars” here!
4. With a fixed rate mortgage, you will have certainty for 30 years on your payment, which will go towards equity in your home.
Compare this to rent costs which can increase or fluctuate dramatically and the choice is clear.
5. Move into a new home sooner.
With our quick move-in
De Young homes, you may be able to move into your dream home faster! (These homes typically sell quickly, so be sure not to miss out!)
6. Demand for new homes remains strong.
Take advantage of the market while you can!
7. Energy efficient De Young homes create utility bill savings.
De Young EnergySmart™ features come standard in every De Young home and are designed to deliver exceptional energy-efficiency, which will save you money on your energy bill.
8. You can personalize your De Young home to fit your design style.
One of the biggest advantages of buying a new De Young home is that it will be the perfect blank slate for you to style your way.
9. Start building equity.
As Realtor Magazine
states, “Money paid for rent is money that you’ll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.”
10. Your future self will be glad you bought a new De Young home.
We have all had decisions we wished we made in hind-sight. When you look back you will be glad that you made the decision to build your dream home!Your First Steps
Ready to learn more? Click here
and a De Young New Home Specialist will be in contact with you shortly!